IE Business School’s startup ecosystem embraces 250 startups every year as well as international investors, programmers, corporate partners and anyone enthusiastic about promoting entrepreneurship. The Incubator in Area 31  is at the very heart of this bursting environment.
Startups in the Incubator access services and experiences worth on average 13,000USD in 6 months (as calculated by the entrepreneurs). This value goes up as high as 24,000USD for those who make the most of the opportunities at their disposal.
Although IE Alumni have privileged access to the Incubator, applications by entrepreneurs not affiliated to IE will also be considered.
20 selected teams will be granted a 6 months incubation period during which they’ll get:
- Co-working space for the whole team
- Internet access
- Use of IE brand in website
- Access to interns
- Legal advisory services
- Voluntary participation in training sessions
- Fast track with Microsoft BizSpark 
- Fast track with FundedbyMe  (Crowdfunding platform)
- Fast track with Creas (Social Impact Investment Fund)
As well as valuable intangibles, among them “Increased motivation and productivity through being in the same space as other startups, Networking possibilities and contacts, Access to knowledgeable peers, knowledge exchange, access to mentors” (Entrepreneur)
Who should apply?
- Ventures, commercial or social* incorporated after March 2012.
- With at least one person working full time and a maximum of 4 full time team members (prorate hours for teams with part time team members).
- We look for proof of commitment with the project such as: Is the company already incorporated/ registered? How many of the founders work full time in the project? Have the founders invested their savings in the project?
*Social Ventures that apply must have a market-based revenue-generating strategy to make them economically sustainable and comment on their social impact on the application.
What are the selection criteria?
- Innovation (not meaning tech-based necessarily)
- Scalability (Market size, prospects…)
- Team (relevant background and commitment to the project)
- Idea (barriers, competitive advantage, clearly identified user/need)
- Willingness to create value for the community in IE Business School
What we expect from you:
- Your success!! We expect that you’ll work hard on your project and grow it during your time in Area 31.
- Giving back. Startups in Area 31 contribute to the startup community in IE by organizing activities, proposing sessions, participating in panels for students and contributing to increase their visibility and that of Area 31 in their blogs and communication channels. The teams who contribute the most to the community are granted an extension of six more months in Area 31.
If you’re interested in applying you should attend one of the Open house Days. At the Open House Days you’ll be able to visit the space, ask any doubts you might have and meet the other applicants. RSVP here .
By April 25th, 2014, at midnight you need to submit the application form  (Please, complete it in English)
By May 9th we will announce the selected teams.
Mark your calendars: The welcome session for selected teams will take place in May 20th, from 5pm to 7pm. Attendance to this session is mandatory for all selected teams. From that date on teams will start their Incubation period.
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org 
SEE YOU IN AREA 31!