DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MAY 26th
What is Area 31?
Area 31 is an open space for entrepreneurship and innovation at IE Business School. IE’s passion for entrepreneurship has materialized into this ecosystem for startups in Madrid’s center. Within the IE Community, Area 31 has an important mission; to become the home of IE Business School´s entrepreneurs and innovators. Area 31 will host and incubate teams participating in Venture Lab (IE’s Startup accelerator), IE students launching their own businesses and start-ups run by IE Alumni.
Why should you be interested in being part of Area 31?
Area 31 leverages the obsession of IE Business School for entrepreneurship, its expertise supporting entrepreneurs and the community of successful entrepreneurs and investors gravitating around IE to create the most exciting incubating environment for start ups. Those selected to incubate their businesses from Area 31 will get during the six month incubation period:
- Free co-working space for the whole team
- Free internet access
- Voluntary participation in an internship program with IE graduate and undergraduate students.
- Free international calls sopnsored by 902in  *
- Free Hub Conecta Active Memberships at Hub Madrid for all participants in the incubator plus 5 HUB 100 memberships during 5 months after leaving Area31 for 5 selected teams. Thanks to Hub Madrid participants in this incubator will access an international community of 6.000 plus entrepreneurs **
- Extensive networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs, talented professionals, investors and programmers.
- and, most importantly, access to the vibrant community of this world class Business School.
Area 31 is the perfect soil in which to grow your start up.
Who should apply?
- IE Alumni Entrepreneurs: At least one of the founders must be an IE Alumn
- Leading startups: We consider start ups to be companies created after Dec 2010. We take in full teams, not just entrepreneurs, with a maximum of 4 full time team members per team (prorate hours for teams with part time team members).
- Innovative businesses which are scalable and born with global vision
- Whose team is willing to launch initiatives valuable to the Area 31 community. Each Area 31 cohort of startup teams will co-create their own program of activities that they will run. Participating in Area 31 requires participating in the design, promotion and implementation of the program you help create.
Who was selected for the first edition?
The start-ups that were accepted in the first edition  come from many diverse areas, both offline and online, including Social Entrepreneurship, IT (including crowdsourcing websites and mobile apps), Renewable Energy, Health and Beauty and many others. During their time in Area 31 they have designed and implemented a program  that combines training sessions on securing funding or applying mindfulness principles to management, networking opportunities among them and with leading entrepreneurs and offering internship opportunities among other initiatives. This is their program, if you’re accepted you will be able to create your own based on your interests.
Recently, 3 teams in the Area 31 Alumni Startup Incubator have won a relevant entrepreneurship competition,  Would you like to meet these entrepreneurs? Apply! The first and second editions of the incubator will overlap in Area 31 during the months of June and July. This will provide the opportunity to create a link among both editions to strengthen the community of Area 31 startups.
How can you apply?
In order to apply you need to fill in this form  by May 26th, 2013 at midnight (although the form is in English it can be completed in English or Spanish). If additional information is needed, candidates will receive a request for an interview. Selected Startups will be announced on this blog by June 3rd. They will start their incubation in Area 31 on June 10th with a networking and co creation session that will run from 7pm to 9pm.
If you’re planning to apply, it is recommended that you attend one of the open house days that will be held in Area 31 on the following dates: May 7th at 7pm, May 16th at 6pm and May 23rd at 6pm. Rsvp required. 
For additional information contact email@example.com 
*To selected countries and up to a maximum amount of 500 minutes per startup during those 6 months
**The Hub 100 Memberships will be offered only to projects that fit within the Hub community. This will be evaluated through their level of engagement with the community in Area31.