We are delighted to invite you to our upcoming Venture Lab Startup Trip to Tel Aviv, Israel!
Israel has one of most successful startup ecosystems in the world and each year we bring a select group to find out why. The objective of this trip is to meet startup entrepreneurs, early stage investors, and visit startup incubators and accelerators and participate in local startup events in order to build a valuable network of business connections and a real understanding of how the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Israel works and why it has been so successful.
The trip will consist of a jammed packed 5 day agenda and will take place from Sunday February 24th to Thursday February 28th both dates inclusive. This is a totally unique opportunity to meet with some of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs and investors. We will have access to individuals that are extremely difficult to get to. Some examples of entrepreneurs we met in Tel Aviv last March 2012 (this year´s agenda will be just as exciting if not better!)
- Uri Levine, Co-Founder & President – Waze.com – social traffic & navigation app based on the world’s largest community of drivers, $67m VC funding, backed by Vertex, Bluerun, Kliner Perkins. Aiming and getting close to being a $1bn business.
- Rafael Ouzan, Co-Founder & CTO – BillGuard.com – crowdsourced billing complaints, recognized by Online Banking Report as one of the top online banking innovations of all time, $13m VC funding including Bessaer VC and Innovation Endeavours (Eric Schmidt).
- Tomer Dvir , Co-Founder & CEO – Soluto.com – allows techies to help friends and family to remotely manage their devices through the web, winner TechCrunch Disrupt, May 2010, $18m VC funding including Index, Bessamer, Giza.
- Genesis Partners – one of the strongest track records in the Israeli venture capital industry
- JVP – venture capital firm specializing in incubation and early-stage investments in private companies. the JVP Fund currently runs investments of approximately $930m in eight funds, and specializes in investments in media, internet, mobile telephony, advertising and gaming industries.
We have arranged some flexible costs for the trip as we know it is a big expense for entrepreneurs. The cost of the trip is:
- €1500 per participant – including accommodation (private room 4* hotel), transport in Israel, full agenda, and all meals. This does not include flights.
- €1200 per participant – including accommodation (shared room 4* hotel), transport in Israel, full agenda, and all meals. This does not include flights.
- €850 per participant – transport in Israel, full agenda, and all meals. This does not include flights or accommodation.
Here is a review on the last trip we did to Israel by one of the participants
Final agenda for the trip we be announced shortly.
If you are interested in participating, contact Liz Fleming ASAP @ Liz.Fleming@ie.edu 
See you all in Tel Aviv!!